What is ad yield and how to optimize it to make your advertising business more profitable? Keep reading to learn about this component of yield management that has been gaining increasing popularity among companies from various sectors!
What is Ad Yield?
In simple words, ad yield is the sum of all the revenues generated by your advertisements. Thanks to it, you are able to assess whether your efforts in a given time period were effective or not.
Thanks to ad yield optimization and management, it’s possible to refine strategies within your publishing company to increase your profits.
Ad Yield Optimization in 6 Steps
To make your ad yield optimization successful, follow the tips mentioned below:
- Make sure that your ads meet Google’s Better Ads Standards to avoid potential penalties,
- Go for native ads which are less intrusive, and match the layout of the platform,
- Optimize your ad viewability by limiting the number of irritating pop-ups, ensuring that your ads don’t overlap, reducing the number of ads above the fold, and making sure that ads that bring you the greatest profits are the most visible,
- Determine minimum prices for your ad inventories to make your offer more competitive,
- Make sure that your ads are displayed properly on mobile devices. The number of users who browse the internet on smartphones and tablets is increasing every year. Therefore, it’s crucial to make your ads responsive to ensure that they reach as many potential customers as possible,
- Benefit from header bidding which is an advanced programmatic technique that allows publishers to offer their inventories to a few ad exchanges at the same time.
AY optimization and management are a must if you want to expand your business. Thanks to it, you can build a sustainable enterprise and maximize your revenues. If you don’t have time or energy to optimize your ad yield. There are reliable external companies that will help you make your advertising business more profitable.