A Luxury Car: The last year and a half has been a trying and, for some, incredibly distressing and worrying time for everyone. Now, the world is finally getting back to normality, and it is time to stop procrastinating and get what you want out of your life.
If you have dreamt about treating yourself to a luxury car, why not take the plunge, seize the moment, and make your dreams a reality today
When buying a secondhand car, be that a runaround for the weekend or a high-end, exotic car, it is vital to ensure you receive the correct paperwork from the seller. You will need reference numbers from the car’s registration document (otherwise known as the logbook), the seller’s details (particularly if you are buying your exotic from a private seller), and you should ask to see proof of the full-service history of the car.
Obtaining these documents benefits you two-fold. Firstly, this paperwork will significantly increase the likelihood that you are buying a solid and fully functional motorcar, and secondly, if or when you come to sell the car, you will have all the paperwork required to do so. Selling luxury car is something that you obviously do not want to even think about at this stage, but it is incredibly important to ensure that you have the required paperwork just in case you should change your mind in the future.
Brand New or Second Hand?
Essentially, when you are investing in a luxury car, there are many considerations. It is a fun thing to choose. Unfortunately, no one can deny money is a major factor in this. So a big question would be should you invest in a new or secondhand car?
The Pros of purchasing a brand-new luxury or exotic luxury car include:
- New luxury cars always come with at least three years warranty as standard
- They tend to have more incentives to lower the price and interest rates
Conversely, the Pros of purchasing a secondhand luxury or exotic luxury car include:
- The main advantage is the opportunity of getting a better, nicer make and model
- Significantly less depreciation
- If you are intending on having your car serviced at one of the luxury brand’s dealerships. You will more than likely have access to a free luxury loaner car when your car is being serviced
The importance of test driving any motorcar before a purchase cannot be underestimated. But is even more crucial when buying a luxury or exotic car. The only way to ensure the luxury car you are interested in is perfect for you is to take the car out on a thorough test drive. During your test drive, ensure you:
- Check if the wing mirrors and rear-view mirrors are suitable for you personally
- Check that the seat adjustment options are suitable for you personally
- Ask as many questions as you feel compelled to