Mommy Makeover in New Orleans: Pregnancy and motherhood would have to be one of the most beautiful things your body would have to go through, like imagining carrying a human being in you, but it does not mean it would not take a toll on your body.
Your body is going to have to stretch in ways that are unimaginable in order to accommodate your little angel, and getting your body back before you get pregnant would be hard. This is where the mommy makeover comes in.
This is a guide to mommy makeover from Sadeghi Center for Plastic Surgery in New Orleans, that would help bring your body and confidence back.
Here are Some Factors to Consider Before Getting a Mommy Makeover
1. Do you plan on having more children in the future?
When you are planning on getting pregnant again, then maybe you have to postpone your mommy makeover procedure and schedule it when you are sure you would not want to get pregnant anymore.
That is because once you get pregnant right after the procedures, your body would go back to the way it was, reversing the whole procedure. So you would just waste the whole surgery and you would have only wasted your time and money.
2. Do you think the timing is right for you and your family?
Timing is everything when you are planning on getting your mommy makeover procedure. You might not want to give birth again, but you also have to take into consideration your mental and physical health.
There is going to be hormonal fluctuation after you give birth, and you are going to need about 6 months to get out of it and even your hormones out. There are going to be physical changes that might happen, and the emotional stress is unbearable.
You have to make sure that you are feeling less stress in your life and that you are in a place where you are comfortable emotionally and physically, so it is suggested that you wait at least a year before you schedule your mommy makeover.
3. Are you healthy?
There could be an immense amount of pressure on your body when you get your mommy makeover procedure because you are going to be combining a lot of surgeries in one go, like a breast lift and tummy tuck. You need to be as healthy as you possibly could when you are going into this procedure.
What Happens at a Mommy Makeover Consultation in New Orleans, LA?
When you enter the consultation with your surgeon, you have to be prepared to talk to your surgeon about the following:
- All of the other previous surgeries that you got
- Discussion about your surgical goals
- What are the current medications, and herbal supplements that you are taking
- A conversation about your alcohol, drug, and tobacco use
- Current and previous medical condition
- Any drug allergies that you have
- All of the medical treatments that you have gotten and currently getting
While you are in the surgeon’s office, they are also going to be doing to following:
- Evaluates your general health status and talk about your health condition and any possible risk factors
- Gives you breasts, genitalia, buttocks, or abdomen an examination
- Takes the measurements of your shape and size
- Would take a look at the quality of your skin and how thick your skin is
- Taking photographs of the targeted parts that you want to get done
- Lays down all of the possible options that you have
- Gives you their recommended treatment that would help you with your goals
- Gives you a thorough discussion about what the possible outcomes of the surgeries are
- Discusses all of the possible complications and the risks that might happen when you go through with the procedure
Questions to Ask Before Getting a Mommy Makeover
- What procedures should I include in my mommy makeover procedure?
- When would I be able to see the result of the mommy makeover?
- Am I going to be the perfect candidate for a mommy makeover procedure?
- What surgical techniques would you recommend?
- What would my recovery journey look like?
- How long would all of my scars take to heal?
When will You see Mommy Makeover Results?
Everybody’s mommy makeover results would look different since the mommy makeover plan is customized per person so you might get a procedure that other people choose not to get.
There are some different stages in each procedure too, but other women would be able to see immediate improvements a few months after getting their procedure. You would usually see the fall results in about 3 months, but the recovery could be up to a year.
You are going to have to wait for 4 weeks to 6 weeks before you could go back to exercising and doing your normal everyday activities, but you could take it to your surgeon for guidance and some post-op instructions.